2. V. Favorit, W.R. Hood, A.N. Kavazis, P. Villamediana, KN. Yap, H.A. Parry, A.L. Skibiel. Mitochondrial bioenergetics of extramammary tissues in lactating dairy cattle.
3. KN. Yap, HS. Wong, C. Ramanathan, C.A. Rodriguez-Wagner, N. van Bruggen, M.D. Roberts, D.A. Freeman, R. Buffenstein, Y. Zhang. Naked mole-rat, Heterocephalus glaber and Damaraland mole-rat, Fukomys damarensis exhibit lower respiration in mitochondria, cellular and organismal levels.
Published/In Press: 17. H.A. Parry, KN. Yap, G.E. Hill, W.R. Hood, L.B. Gladden, M. Eddy, A.N. Kavazis. (2021). Development of a mobile mitochondrial physiology laboratory for measuring mitochondrial energetics in the field. Journal of Visualized Experiments. In Press.
16. KN. Yap and Y. Zhang. (2021). Revisiting the question of nucleated versus enucleated erythrocytes in birds and mammals. American Journal of Physiology- Regulatory, Integrative, and Comparative Physiology. In Press.
15. Y. Zhang, KN. Yap, K.T. David, D.L. Swanson. (2021). The high-energy aerial insectivore lifestyle of swallows does not produce thermogenic side effects. Ornithology, 138, 1-14.
14. KN. Yap, D.R. Powers, M.L. Vermette*, O. Tsai*, T.D. Williams. (2021). Physiological adjustments to high foraging effort negatively affect fecundity but not final reproductive output in captive zebra finches. Journal of Experimental Biology, 224(8), jeb235820.
13. KN. Yap, D.R. Powers, M.L. Vermette*, O. Tsai*, T.D. Williams. (2021). Sex-specific energy management strategies in response to training for increased foraging effort prior to reproduction. Journal of Experimental Biology, 224(8), jeb235846.
12. KN. Yap, K.Y.H. Yamada, S.L. Zikeli, H. Kiaris, W.R. Hood. (2021). Evaluating endoplasmic reticulum stress and unfolded protein response through the lens of ecology and evolution. Biological Reviews,96(2), 541-556.
11. N.R. Park, H.A. Taylor, V.A. Andreasen, A.S. Williams, K. Niitepold, KN. Yap, A.N. Kavazis, W.R. Hood. (2020). Mitochondrial physiology varies with parity and body mass in the laboratory mouse (Mus musculus). Journal of Comparative Physiology B.,190, 465-477.
10. W.R. Hood, Y. Zhang, H.A. Taylor, N.R. Park, A.E. Beatty, R.J. Weaver, KN. Yap, and A.N. Kavazis. (2019). Prior reproduction alters how mitochondria respond to an oxidative event. Journal of Experimental Biology, 222 (12), jeb195545.
9. KN. Yap, O. Tsai*, T.D. Williams. (2019). Haematological traits co-vary with migratory status, altitude and energy expenditure: a phylogenetic, comparative analysis. Scientific Reports, 9, 6351.
8. KN. Yap, M.F. Dick, C.G. Guglielmo, T.D. Williams. (2018). Effects of experimental manipulation of hematocrit on avian flight performance in high and low altitude conditions.Journal of Experimental Biology, 221 (22), jeb191056.
7. Y. Zhang, KN. Yap, T.D. Williams, D.L. Swanson. (2018). Experimental increases in foraging costs affect pectoralis muscle mass and myostatin expression in zebra finches (Taeniopygia guttata). Physiological and Biochemical Zoology, 91(3), 849-858.
6. KN. Yap, O. Kim*, K. C. Harris*, and T. D. Williams. (2017). Physiological effects of increased foraging effort in a small passerine. Journal of Experimental Biology, 220(22), 4282-4291. 5. KN. Yap, M. W. Serota, T.D. Williams. (2017). The physiology of exercise in free-living vertebrates: what can we learn from current model systems. Integrative and Comparative Biology, 57(2), 195-206. Invited Review. [Special issue: The Ecology of Exercise: Mechanisms Underlying Individual Variation in Movement Behavior, Activity or Performance.]
4. N. H. Prior, KN. Yap, M. C. Mainwaring, H. H. Adomat, O. L. Crino, C. Ma, E. S. Guns, S. C. Griffith, K. L. Buchanan, K. K. Soma. (2017). Sex steroid profiles in zebra finches: effects of reproductive state and domestication. General and comparative endocrinology, 244, 108-117. [Special issue on ‘Australian animals’]
3. N. H. Prior, KN. Yap, T. D. Q. Liu, C. Vignal, and K. K. Soma. (2016). Context-dependent effects of male testosterone treatment on pair-maintenance behavior in zebra finches. Animal Behaviour. 114, 155-164.
2. N. H. Prior, KN. Yap, H. H. Adomat, M. C. Mainwaring, H. B. Fokidis, E. S. Guns, K. L. Buchanan, S. C. Griffith, and K. K. Soma. (2016). Sex steroid profiles and pair-maintenance behavior of wild-caught zebra finches (Taenopygia guttata). Journal of Comparative Physiology A, 202, 35-44. 1. N. H. Prior, KN. Yap, and K. K. Soma. (2014). Acute and chronic effects of an aromatase inhibitor on pair-maintenance behavior of water-restricted zebra finch pairs. General and comparative endocrinology, 196, 62-71.